Want to spruce up your Thanksgiving table to make your holiday even more festive? Below are three ideas you can incorporate to ensure that your turkey will not be the only thing your guests praise!
Washi Tape Pinecone Turkeys
- Washi Tape (You can use a variety of different patterns)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Exacto Knife
- Popsicle Sticks
- Yellow Felt
- Red Felt
- Small Googley Eyes
- Use the exacto knife to cut four popsicle sticks in half.
- Place a popsicle half on the sticky side of the washi tape and press firmly.
- Use an exacto knife to cut around the popsicle stick.
- Repeat this process with the remaining popsicle stick halves until they are all covered in washi tape.
- Cut a small triangle of yellow felt for the beak and a red wattle.
- Hot glue two googley eyes onto one end of the pinecone.
- Fold the yellow felt beak triangle in half and glue it to the pinecone, then glue the wattle over the beak.
- Hot glue the washi tape popsicle sticks into the middle of the pinecone.Rosemary Wreath Place Cards
- Sprigs of Rosemary
- Floral Wire
- Paper for printing or writing name tags
- Soak the rosemary in a water bath to make the sprigs a little more pliable and clean.
- Cut rosemary into 7 to 8 inch lengths.
- Gently form the sprigs into a circle and secure the top by winding some floral wire.
- Use the twine to tie a bow around the floral wire so it is completely covered.
- Print out name tags (sized according to the width of your wreaths). Alternatively, you can write your guests’ names on the tags.
Faux Berry Arrangement
If you are not an arts and crafts kind of person (or low on time), you can spruce up your dinner table by designing a faux berry arrangement. You can accentuate your fall dishes with crisp orange, red, and brown tones to bring a pop of color to your dinner table. Generally, you can find these faux berries in any home or craft store and can mix and match them to create an arrangement that best suits your decor.