Are you left with mounds of uneaten Halloween candy? Tired of eating another bag of M&Ms? Below are three great recipes to transform traditional candy into creative, delicious treats!
Harvest Snack Mix
- 2 cups of pretzel sticks
- 1 cup of mixed nuts
- ½ a cup of sunflower kernels
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- ½ a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ? teaspoon of ground cloves
- 8 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup of candy corn
- 1 cup of chocolate bridge mix
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, nuts and sunflower kernels. Combine the butter, cinnamon and cloves. Drizzle a third of butter mixture over pretzel mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; drizzle with remaining butter mixture and toss to coat. Stir into pretzel mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Cool; transfer to a large bowl. Add candy corn and bridge mix; toss to combine. Yield: 3 quarts.
Halloween Candy Bark
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1-½ pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups pretzels, coarsely chopped
- 10 Oreo cookies, chopped
- ¾ cup candy corn
- ¾ cup dry roasted peanuts
- ½ cup milk chocolate M&M’s
- ½ cup Reese’s Pieces
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil with butter. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients; press into candy coating. Let stand about 1 hour.
- Break or cut bark into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
M&M Oat Bars
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup plain M&M’s
- 3 ounces white confectionery coating*
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in oats. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels and water. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with chips, nuts and M&M’s. Gently press into the caramel mixture. Melt confectionery coating; drizzle over the top. Cut into bars.