What is all the hype about peppermint schnapps? Peppermint schnapps is a clear, mint-flavored distilled spirit that is particularly popular in winter cocktails. Essentially it is a liquid and alcoholic candy cane — the perfect holiday treat for all adults. To help you incorporate this trendy alcohol in your next cocktail, below are some recipes to get you started.
Peppermint Schnapps Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup of hot chocolate
- 1 oz. of peppermint schnapps
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Pour the peppermint schnapps into a mug.
- Fill with hot chocolate and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.
Candy Cane Cocktail
- ¾ oz. of SKYY Berry Vodka
- ¾ oz. of peppermint schnapps
- ¾ oz. of white crème de cacao
- ¼ oz. of grenadine
- 3 oz. of half and half
- 1 splash of soda water
- Crushed peppermint candy
- Pour the vodka, peppermint schnapps, white crème de cacao, and grenadine into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass rimmed with crushed peppermint candy.
- Fill the glass with half and half.
- Top with a splash of soda water.
Peppermint Patty Cocktail
- 2 oz. of chocolate vodka
- ½ oz. of peppermint schnapps
- ¾ oz. of RumChata Cream Liqueur
- Peppermint Patty Candy for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
Strain into a glass filled with fresh ice.